NDO – Over the past 11 months, China continues to occupy the largest exports of Vietnamese tra fish, according to the Vietnam Association of Seafood Exporters and Producers (VASEP).
Initial statistics from VASEP showed that Vietnam’s total revenue from tra fish exports to mainland China and Hong Kong (China) reached US$385.9 million in the first 11 months of this year, accounting for 34.4% of Vietnam’s total revenue from tra fish exports.
The 11-month export revenue of tra fish to China decreased by 20.6% over the same period last year mainly due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The number of tra fish processing and exporting enterprises to China also accounts for the largest number of tra fish enterprises.
Vietnam exports a diverse range of tra fish products to the Chinese market including frozen fillet, frozen tra fish stomach, fried/dried fish bladder, frozen whole tra fish, frozen tra fish belly, among others.
VASEP said that since the end of the third quarter of 2020, the import of Vietnamese tra fish from some major markets has seen positive signals, helping to increase prices of raw tra fish materials.
- China becomes largest buyer of Vietnamese catfish
- China, US make up more than 50% of export value for Vietnamese tra fish
- Pangasius fish exports to UK surge
- Vietnam’s crab exports to China skyrocket in first nine months of 2020
- Tra fish export value hits 1.2 billion USD in 10 months
- European enterprises optimistic about Vietnam market as BCI rebounds
- Tra fish farmers in Mekong Delta suffer losses
- Tra fish export revenue expected to reach US$1.5 billion in 2020
- Many hotels in HCMC forced to shut down despite premise rental cuts
- Tra fish export value expected to hit 1.5 billion USD this year