Notably, the country had five groups of commodities obtaining at least US$10 billion export turnover each. They comprised mobile phones and accessories ranking first with the export turnover of US$42.2 billion. It was followed by computers, electronic products and components with US$36.4 billion, textiles and garments with US$24.7 billion, machinery, equipment, tools and spare parts with US$21.2 billion and footwear with US$13.5 billion.
At the same time, the category of gemstones, precious metals and relevant products reached US$2.54 billion, an increase of 30.2 percent over the same period in 2019.
Particularly, the Vietnam’s export turnover to the Hong Kong (China) market touched US$2.03 billion, up nearly US$2 billion which is 45 times the number during the same period in 2019.
By Dung Le- Translated by Huyen Huong
- 22 commodities enjoy export turnover of over 1 billion USD in first half
- Vietnam saw a export surplus of over 17.3 billion USD
- 22 products achieve export turnover above US$1 billion
- Nation racks up trade surplus of US$17.3 billion by mid-October
- Exports to EU, ASEAN, RoK, Japan yet to bounce back
- FDI businesses enjoy US$29 bln export surplus despite COVID-19
- Vietnam – RoK bilateral trade expected to hit USD65.1 billion in 2020
- Vietnam’s trade surplus hits 4 billion USD in H1
- Japan – Vietnam’s top four leading trading partners