The Saigon Times
HCMC - The strong cash flow continued to help the VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange fly high, adding 6.74 points, or 0.69%, to close at 990 points today, November 20.
Winning stocks far outnumbered losers by 255 to 169. The southern market saw more than half a billion shares worth over VND9.5 trillion change hands, increasing slightly in volume but declining by 11% in value against the session earlier.
In the VN30 basket, financial service provider TCH and housing developer KDH shot up to the ceiling prices at VND20,300 and VND26,450, respectively.
Other large-cap stocks that gained ground included lender VCB, rising by 2.55% to VND92,500, lender BID, up 2% to VND41,200 and low-cost air carrier VJC, up 4.6% to VND118,900. Property firm VHM and steelmaker HPG expanded by approximately 1%.
In contrast, lender CTG, petroleum stocks GAS and PLX, brewery SAB, property firm VIC and retailer VRE experienced a slight drop, down approximately 0.5%.
A number of speculative stocks shot up to the ceiling prices, such as PDR, PET, HNG, VGC, JVC and TDP.
Property developer FLC was the most actively traded stock on the southern market, with 31.4 million shares changing hands, followed by industrial zone developer ITA with 19.24 million shares. While ITA extended by 2.8% to VND5,150, FLC fell by 2.6% to VND4,190.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index added 0.24%, or 0.36 point against the previous session, to close the day at 147.21 points, with 88 winning stocks and 71 losing ones. There were 61.9 million shares worth VND940.45 billion traded on the northern bourse.
Most large-cap stocks such as lenders ACB, SHB and NVB, stone processor VCS, petroleum stock PVS and construction firm VCG increased slightly.
Only a few stocks in the HNX30 basket lost ground, including industrial investment company DDG, lender MBS, securities company SHS and trade and investment company TNG.
ACB led the northern market by liquidity with 9.59 million shares changing hands. Property firm HUT came second with 6.36 million shares traded.
- Bkav exports first batch of surveillance cameras to U.S.
- Vietnam Airlines online check-in service now available at Cat Bi airport
- Local fuel prices edge down
- Hue promotes safe tourism among guests who love short trips
- EU’s biggest beef exporter eyes Vietnamese market
- RCEP signed, forming world’s largest free trade area
- International consultant to be chosen for North-South express railway project
- SonKim Land and its attempt to build sustainable society
- Vietnam striving to become destination for global investors: PM