The ranking gave the carrier a brand health score of 61.5, down from 63.7 last year. Vietnam Airlines and other carriers have been badly hit by inbound and outbound flight restrictions imposed by many nations including Vietnam as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Vietnam Airlines was followed by South Korean tech giant Samsung (57.1) and electronics retailer Mobile World (40.5), both maintaining their positions from last year.
HaoHao, an instant noodles brand under food giant Acecook Vietnam came in fourth (38.4) and Japanese appliance-maker Panasonic was fifth (38.2).
E-commerce giants Tiki and Shopee were in sixth and seventh place with the top 10 spots being rounded of by Masan Consumer’s instant noodles brand Omachi, snacks food giant Kinh Do and electronic retailer Dien May Xanh.
The rankings were based on a survey done between October 2019 and September 2020 that included 135,000 interviews. The survey sought to measure overall brand health based on perception of a brand’s overall quality, value, impression, reputation, satisfaction, and whether respondents would recommend the brand to others.
The survey also revealed brands that have recorded the greatest improvements to their index score over the past 12 months in Vietnam.
Singapore online shopping platform Shopee was this year’s most improved brand.
“While others may have struggled with the changing fortunes of 2020, one brand that has benefitted from consumers forced to stay at home is Shopee, indicating a shift for shopping from brick and mortar stores to online stores,” said Thue Quist Thomasen, CEO of YouGov Vietnam.
- Vietnam remains a top five instant noodles consumer
- Jetstar Pacific to operate under new brand-name Pacific Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas
- Mobile World secures its leading position in Top 50 again
- Vietnam Airlines named among top 10 most valuable brands
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Vietnam and Shopee team up for Super Brand Day
- LG, Panasonic, Foxconn are among giant tech planning to shift manufacturing to Vietnam
- Jetstar Pacific Airlines set for overhaul
- Vinamilk wins FMCG brand owner for 8th consecutive year