The ranking gave the carrier a brand health score of 61.5, down from 63.7 last year. Vietnam Airlines and other carriers have been badly hit by inbound and outbound flight restrictions imposed by many nations including Vietnam as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Vietnam Airlines was followed by South Korean tech giant Samsung (57.1) and electronics retailer Mobile World (40.5), both maintaining their positions from last year.
HaoHao, an instant noodles brand under food giant Acecook Vietnam came in fourth (38.4) and Japanese appliance-maker Panasonic was fifth (38.2).
E-commerce giants Tiki and Shopee were in sixth and seventh place with the top 10 spots being rounded of by Masan Consumer’s instant noodles brand Omachi, snacks food giant Kinh Do and electronic retailer Dien May Xanh.
The rankings were based on a survey done between October 2019 and September 2020 that included 135,000 interviews. The survey sought to measure overall brand health based on perception of a brand’s overall quality, value, impression, reputation, satisfaction, and whether respondents would recommend the brand to others.
The survey also revealed brands that have recorded the greatest improvements to their index score over the past 12 months in Vietnam.
Singapore online shopping platform Shopee was this year’s most improved brand.
“While others may have struggled with the changing fortunes of 2020, one brand that has benefitted from consumers forced to stay at home is Shopee, indicating a shift for shopping from brick and mortar stores to online stores,” said Thue Quist Thomasen, CEO of YouGov Vietnam.
- Samsung ranked ‘Best Brand’ in Viet Nam for the second year running
- Vietnamese consumers more likely to recommend local brands
- Samsung Ranked Best Brand In Vietnam In 2021
- What to know about newly-unveiled ‘Best Brand’ rankings in Vietnam 2021
- Vietnam Best Brands Rankings 2022 unveiled, majority were local brands
- Vietnam remains a top five instant noodles consumer
- Ireland recalls a range of Acecook Vietnam instant noodle products. Here’s why
- Vietnamese Instant Noodle Brand Recalled by Ireland
- Jetstar Pacific to operate under new brand-name Pacific Airlines
- Vietnam Airlines retakes Jetstar Pacific from Qantas