HCMC – The south-central province of Binh Thuan will organize a host of cultural, art and sports events during the last two months of the year to attract tourists to the coastal locality, given the sharp decline in tourist arrivals due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Tourists play sports on a Phan Thiet beach. The south-central province of Binh Thuan will organize a host of cultural, art and sports events during the last two months of the year to attract tourists – PHOTO: DAO LOAN
According to the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, eight major sports events which are set to take place include the Stop and Run Half Marathon Binh Thuan, the Mui Ne Dunes Marathon, the Futsal Binh Thuan Championship, beach sports and the Nam Ky Khoi Nghia bicycle race, in addition to many music shows.
Lately, the organizing board of the Mui Ne Dunes Marathon 2020, including the Thien Minh Group and the Victoria Phan Thiet Beach Resort, has also introduced the running event. It is scheduled to kick off on December 6 and is expected to gather 500 runners at home and abroad.
Binh Thuan is one of the most visited localities in the country but its tourism industry has been hit hard by the pandemic. Data from the provincial Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism revealed that the province’s tourism revenue over the past nine months tumbled nearly 46% against the same period a year ago at over VND6 trillion.
As of this September, the impact of the pandemic forced 40% of travel businesses in the province to shut down. The average occupancy rate of residence facilities was some 10-15% and some 60% of hotels and resorts had to suspend operations
- Runners to be tested by Mũi Né dunes course
- Binh Thuan: Mui Ne tourist area recognized as national tourist area
- Mui Ne national tourist site recognised
- Binh Thuân tourism sees a long way
- TH Group puts heart at improving nutrition for Vietnamese children
- Vietnam sports forge strong June comeback
- Cham ethnic group in Binh Thuan celebrates Kate Festival
- Binh Thuan hosts workshops on national tourism area management
- Mui Ne – a highlight of Vietnamese tourism