Jakarta (VNA) – An online workshop on seizing trade, investment, and tourism opportunities in Vietnam and Indonesia amid the COVID-19 pandemic took place on November 18, gathering close to 150 individuals and organisations.
Co-organised by the Vietnamese Embassy in Indonesia in collaboration with the Indonesia – Vietnam Friendship Association, the event updated participants on the two governments’ policies for responding to the pandemic and recovering the economies. It also aimed at fostering win-win cooperation between Vietnam and Indonesia.
In his opening speech, Vietnamese Ambassador Pham Quang Vinh said both governments have made significant efforts in controlling the epidemic and developing the economies, stressing that entrepreneurs and investors should grab the opportunity brought about by their investment attraction and tourism incentives.
At the workshop, participants discussed in groups business, investment, and tourism topics. They also registered to join virtual chatrooms for deeper discussions of common interest.
The event was among a series of activities marking the two countries’ 65th anniversary of diplomatic relations (December 31, 1995 – 2020). /.VNA
- Vietnam, Indonesia step up investment and tourism co-operation
- Pompeo to visit Indonesia
- Logo contest marks Vietnam-Indonesia diplomatic ties
- Vietnamese citizen wins Vietnam-Indonesia diplomatic logo contest
- Indonesia hopes RCEP will be signed in 2020
- Indonesia, Philippines confirm over 3000 new COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam, Indonesia boost broadcasting cooperation
- Indonesia allows oil and gas investors to choose contract options
- These are the most active investors in Indonesia’s startups