The Saigon Times
HCMC - The strong cash flow helped the benchmark VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange maintain growth momentum today, November 18, adding 4.63 points, or 0.48%, to close at 973.53 points.
Winning stocks outnumbered losers by 244 to 176. The southern market saw 478.7 million shares worth more than VND10 trillion change hands, increasing by 19% in volume and 26.9% in value against the session earlier. Some 32.5 million shares were traded in block deals with the total value of nearly VND1.17 trillion.
A number of steel stocks shot up to the ceiling prices, such as NKG, TLH and SMC. HPG surged by 3.75% to VND34,600, while HSG declined by a fractional 0.26% to VND19,050.
Among the bluechips, consumer goods company MSN was the biggest loser, dropping by 2.47% to VND82,900, followed by property firm VHM, down 1.28% to VND77,300. Mobile phone retailer MWG and property firm VIC also fell by over 1%. Other decliners lost approximately 0.5%.
In contrast, rubber group GVR soared by 6.15% to VND19,000, while petroleum stock GAS and bank stock STB increased by 5.96% to VND80,000 and 2.53% to VND14,200, respectively.
Dairy producer VNM, retailer VRE and lender TPB inched up between 1-1.5%.
STB was the most actively traded stock on the southern market, with nearly 23 million shares changing hands. TCB came second with over 22.7 million shares traded.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index added 0.22 points, or 0.15% against the previous session, to close the day at 146.8 points, with 74 winning stocks and 70 losing ones. There were 63.5 million shares worth VND1.03 trillion traded on the northern bourse, declining by 12.3% in volume and 18% in value.
Lenders ACB and SHB stayed flat at VND27,200 and VND17,300, respectively. Meanwhile, securities company SHS surged by 3.62% to VND14,300 and petroleum stock PVS increased by 0.64% to VND15,700.
SHS led the northern market by liquidity with 9.54 million shares changing hands.
- Bkav exports first batch of surveillance cameras to U.S.
- RCEP signed, forming world’s largest free trade area
- International consultant to be chosen for North-South express railway project
- Investments in industrial zones in HCMC increase 7.2% in Jan-Oct
- Vietnam striving to become destination for global investors: PM
- Local fuel prices edge down
- Gasoline price falls slightly
- Hue promotes safe tourism among guests who love short trips
- SonKim Land and its attempt to build sustainable society