By Le Anh
HCMC – The construction barriers set up on Le Loi Boulevard since 2016 to make room for the construction of a tunnel for HCMC’s first metro line will be removed by the project contractor in the second quarter of 2021.
The contractor is carrying out some final steps for the construction of the tunnel on Le Loi Boulevard with the section from Nguyen Hue Boulevard to Pasteur Street, the Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR) of HCMC said on November 17.
To restore the road surface, MAUR has held numerous meetings with relevant units to handle the affected infrastructure facilities.
The contractor will return the site of the boulevard so that it can combine with Nguyen Hue Walking Street to become a pedestrian-only street in the future in line with the city’s plan.
As for the tunnel under the boulevard from Pasteur Street to the roundabout in front of Ben Thanh Market, the work has started with concreting floors and waterproofing. Some 240 workers are present at the construction site to ensure the component can be completed in late 2021 at the same time as the completion of Ben Thanh Station.
Given 800 workers working at the station, work on the Ben Thanh Station is expected to finish in late 2021 so that the city’s first metro line, which connects Ben Thanh Market in downtown HCMC and Suoi Tien Theme Park in District 9 can officially be put into operation as scheduled.
The 20-kilometer metro line will pass through districts 1 2 and 9 as well as Binh Thanh and Thu Duc in HCMC and Di An Town of Binh Duong Province. The project includes 2.6 kilometers of tunnel and 17 kilometers of elevated track.
- Foreign experts to enter Vietnam soon for implementation of Metro Line 1 Project
- Novaland opens its heart to flood-hit residents
- HCMC urges quick disbursement of Ben Thanh-Suoi Tien metro line project
- HCMC’s first metro line will have fares of VND7,000-12,000
- Contractor for Hanoi metro demands compensation for land handover delay
- Handing over the construction of metro line No. 2 Ben Thanh – Tham Luong
- HCMC’s 1st metro route could have maximum fare of 51 US cents
- Foreign experts enter Vietnam to run HCM City metro line project
- The first metro line in Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh city is getting ready for launching?