The Saigon Times
HCMC - The strong selling pressure dragged down the benchmark VN-Index of the Hochiminh Stock Exchange in the morning until the rise of big caps, especially petroleum stocks, helped the index rebound and inch up a fractional 0.03%, or 0.31 point, to close at 952.22 points today, November 11.
Declining stocks outnumbered winners by 226 to 179 on the southern market. There were 376.5 million shares worth VND7.83 trillion changing hands, dropping by 17.6% in volume and 18% in value against the session earlier.
Petroleum stocks were among the main contributors, with GAS increasing by 1.39% to VND63,200 and PVD up 3.43% to VND12,050. Other oil and gas stocks such as PGC, PGD and PXS also gained ground.
Petroleum stocks also had good liquidity, with PVD and PVS saw over 13 million shares change hands each.
In the VN30 basket, mobile phone retailer MWG and lender HDB were among a few gainers, expanding by 1.89% to VND108,000 and 1.18% to VND25,800, respectively.
In contrast, housing developer VHM, electricity firm POW, jewelry company PNJ, lender TCB and securities corporation SSI fell by approximately 1%.
Property group FLC was the most actively traded stock on the southern market, with 28.5 million shares changing hands, followed by steel firm HSG with over 16 million shares. Both FLC and HSG gained ground, up 0.87% to VND4,550 and 3.49% to VND17,800, respectively.
On the Hanoi Stock Exchange, the HNX-Index expanded by 0.32%, or 0.45 point versus the previous session to close the day at 141.82 points, with gainers outnumbering decliners by 70 to 56. There were 79.8 million shares worth VND1.1 trillion traded.
Similar to the southern market, petroleum stocks were the best performers on the northern bourse, with PVS, PVC and PVB rising by 4.9%, 3.39% and 2.74%, respectively.
PVS led the northern market by liquidity, with more than 13 million shares changing hands.
Other major contributors were lender ACB, up 0.4% to VND25,400, stone processor VCS, up 1.33% to VND76,200 and forestry corporation VIF, up 5.45% to VND17,400.
- Golden Brand Awards launched in HCMC
- Bkav exports first batch of surveillance cameras to U.S.
- Transport Ministry seeks State capital for Ca Pass Tunnel project
- Vietnam Airlines online check-in service now available at Cat Bi airport
- IMF forecasts Vietnam GDP growth among world’s highest this year
- International consultant to be chosen for North-South express railway project
- EU’s biggest beef exporter eyes Vietnamese market
- RCEP signed, forming world’s largest free trade area
- Techcombank launches preferential program for Tet for corporate customers