NDO – The Vinh Tan Thermal Power Company, an affiliate of the Power Generation Joint Stock Corporation 3 (EVNGENCO 3), held a ceremony in Tuy Phong District, Binh Thuan Province on November 7 to announce the completion of the Vinh Tan 2 Thermal Plant project and to celebrate the company’s arrival at the output milestone of 40 billion kWh.
> Vinh Tan 2 power plant generates 20 billion kWh for national grid
> Vinh Tan 2 solar power plant begins commercial operation
The event was attended by Chairman of the Provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Manh Hung and Chairman of Electricity of Vietnam (EVN)’s Member Council Duong Quang Thanh.
The construction of Vinh Tan 2 Thermal Power Plant commenced on August 8, 2010 with two generation units, total capacity of 1,244MW. The plant was put into commercial operation in the first quarter of 2015 and delivers about 7.2 billion kWh to the national power grid annually.
At present, the Vinh Tan Thermal Power Company has also been assigned to manage and operate the Vinh Tan 2 Solar Power Plant, which started commercial power generation on June 24, 2019, adding an average of 60 million kWh to the national grid each year.
The company has now reached the milestone of 40 billion kWh in power production, while contributing more than VND300 billion (US$12.9 million) to Binh Thuan’s annual budget.
The recently completed construction of the administrative building, the last category of Vinh Tan Thermal Power Company, is an important milestone marking the completion of the project.
On the occasion, the Power Generation Joint Stock Corporation 3 (EVNGENCO 3) presented 12 charity houses worth a total of VND1.2 billion (roughly US$51,780) to Binh Thuan Province, while the Vinh Tan Thermal Power Company donated VND50 million to Tuy Phong District’s study encouragement fund.
- EVN aims to complete key power projects in 2020
- First turbine of Song Hau 1 Thermal Power Plant synchronised with national grid
- US$46.6 million solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Sao Mai Group commences construction on second phase of solar power plant in An Giang
- Phuoc Ninh solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Sharp to launch new solar power plant in central Vietnam
- 43mn USD solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Construction begins on three wind power projects in Soc Trang