The Saigon Times
HCMC - Residents have handed over more than 70% of land for HCMC‚Ä's second metro line project‚Äîlinking Ben Thanh Market in District 1 and Tham Luong Depot in District 12‚Äîto the investor to date, according to the Management Authority for Urban Railways (MAUR) of HCMC.
Military-run telecom giant Viettel Group has handed over part of a house at 285 Cach Mang Thang Tam Street in Ward 12 of District 10 to the Compensation and Site Clearance Board of District 10. This location will be used for the construction of the S3 Dan Chu Station of the city‚Ä's second metro line,
After Viettel‚Ä's handover of the site, the Ward 12 government will temporarily manage the recalled site and maintain the status quo so the group can continue its operations.
Before work on the project begins, the Compensation and Site Clearance Board of District 10 will inform Viettel of the construction one month ahead so that it can prepare to dismantle and hand over the site as committed.
MAUR noted that the districts through which the metro line will pass, have basically completed all procedures of the compensation decision issuance for 598 of the 603 cases, reaching 99.2%, with districts 1 Tan Binh and Tan Phu meeting 100%.
From now until the end of the year, MAUR will start to receive cleared sites from the districts and deploy some packages relocating certain infrastructure systems to prepare for the construction of the project next year.
The second metro line, which will be 11.3 kilometers long, with two kilometers of elevated railway and 9.3 kilometers of underground section, will pass through districts 1310 12 Tan Binh and Tan Phu. Once in operation, the metro line will have 10 three-carriage trains and will be capable of carrying up to 170000 passengers per day.
- Japan remains Danang’s largest investor
- Saigon residents demolish houses for second metro line
- Handing over the construction of metro line No. 2 Ben Thanh – Tham Luong
- HCMC residents hand over prime land for second metro line
- Saigon’s second metro line to miss land clearance deadline
- NA agrees on solutions to help Vietnam Airlines
- BRG to invest in VND3-trillion golf course in Hue
- Foreign experts to enter Vietnam soon for implementation of Metro Line 1 Project
- Cracks in HCMC metro line caused by underweight supporting pads: investor
- Fare table is being built for first metro line in HCMC