Illustrative image (Source: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – The index of industrial production (IIP) in October increased 3.6 percent from the previous month and 5.4 percent against the same period last year, reported the Ministry of Industry and Trade .
The ministry said that thanks to the effective control of the COVID-19 pandemic , industrial production activities during the month maintained expansion, positively contributing to the country’s economic recovery.
However, in the first 10 months of 2020 the IIP rose 2.7 percent over the same period last year, much lower than the 9.5 percent increase in the same period in 2019.
Specifically, production of the manufacturing and processing industry increased by 4.2 percent, contributing 3.6 percentage points to the general growth, while that of electricity production and distribution rose by 3.2 percent, making up 0.3 percentage point.
Meanwhile, production of the mining industry fell by 8.1 percent, resulting in a decrease of 1.3 percentage points in the overall growth./.
- April industrial production expands 24.1 percent
- HCM City’s industrial production down in eight months
- HCMC’s industrial production grows 1.18 percent
- Industrial production index falls to eight-year record low
- HCMC’s economy in recovery
- Industrial production up 10 percent in first four months of 2021
- Vietnam’s industrial production sees mild rise in July
- Enterprises suffer high inventory
- Strict Lockdown Dragged Down Vietnam’s Industrial Production in August, Economists Say