The Saigon Times
HCMC – The Ministry of information Technology and Communications has licensed local telecom carriers Viettel and MobiFone to launch the commercial pilot of the fifth-generation (5G) network.
The commercial pilot is aimed at helping telecom carriers assess their technology and the market before officially providing 5G services,
Viettel was permitted to conduct the pilot in Hanoi City with the pilot scale not exceeding 140 sites, while MobiFone will launch the 5G commercial pilot in HCMC with no more than 50 sites in the city.
Their licenses will be valid until June 30 next year.
If Viettel and MobiFone want to increase the scale of the pilot, they must ask for approval from the Ministry of Information Technology and Communications. They must also comply with regulations on the management of telecom quality, ensure network and information security and return the pilot licenses to the ministry when they are no longer valid or whenever required.
- Vietnamese telecom carriers licensed to pilot 5G commercial running
- Finance ministry proposes extending car registration fee cut by six months
- VNPT to pilot 5G service launch in December
- Vietnam grants 5G commercial test licenses to Viettel, MobiFone
- Viettel, MobiFone licensed to commercially test 5G
- VNPT to launch 5G networks service in December
- Viettel and MobiFone authorized to commercially test 5G
- Viettel, MobiFone licenced to commercially test 5G
- Vietnamese telcos granted permission to test commercial 5G in Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City