NDO – Lach Huyen Port – Hai Phong international gateway portreceived the innovation technology award of the Japan Society of Civil Engineers (JSCE) during a ceremony at the Ministry of Transport, on October 30.
Speaking at the ceremony, Minister Okabe Daisuke of the Japanese Embassy in Vietnam expressed his thanks to Vietnam for trust in assigning Japanese partners to construct Lach HuyenPort project. At the same time, he gave thanks for the efforts of all concerned agencies and units of Vietnam for their efforts and effective coordination during the project’s construction.
JSCE President Yutaka Sunohara congratulated the Lach HuyenPort project in particular and the Vietnamese transportation industry in general. Notably, this is the first time the association’s innovative technology award has been given to a project in Vietnam.
Deputy Minister of Transport Nguyen Van Cong received the award on behalf of the Ministry of Transport and Vietnamese officials, civil servants, engineers and workers. Deputy Minister said that this is one of the most important infrastructure development projects funded by the Japanese Government in Vietnam.
According to the Ministry of Transport, the Lach HuyenInternational Port Construction Project used ODA loans from the Japanese government and reciprocal capital of the Vietnamese government.
The project helps meet the growing demand for cargo handling in Vietnam as well as enhancing the international competitiveness of the northern region.
It is also the first ODA project implemented in the form of Public Private Partnership (PPP) between Vietnam and Japan.
- Transport Ministry posts highest disbursement of public investment
- DEEP C Industrial Zones - Strong Magnetism to Foreign Investors
- New UK coronavirus variant extremely worrisome: Health Minister
- Vietnamese, Japanese firms promote technology transfer
- Codes of many warehouses, yards and ports at Hai Phong changed
- Improving Infrastructure to Propel Socio-economic Development
- Hai Phong planning to 2035: Construct urban railway, develop two economic belts
- 239 products competing for the “Make in Vietnam digital technology products” award
- Science ministry receives draft Vietnamese history
- Exports shatter record with $18.7 billion in trade surplus: GSO