NDO – Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam hosted a reception in Hanoi on June 23 for the Vietnam Business Council for Sustainable Development (VBCSD).
Speaking at the meeting, Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam spoke highly of the innovative efforts made by the Council in recent years, suggesting that the Council should further promote its existing advantages and continue to accompany the Government in building a sustainable business community.
According to the Deputy PM, all policies of the Government are aimed towards the sustainable development of businesses.
From the successes in the prevention and control of the COVID-19 epidemic, it has been shown that the solidarity and consensus in the whole society helped the country to overcome many challenges, he said, adding that the business community should promote and spread this value for economic development in association with environmental protection as well as solving social issues related to the people.
The Deputy PM also asked the Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) to develop a set of sustainable development criteria for all 150,000 member enterprises.
He also emphasised the significance of connecting support and spreading the values of sustainable development as much as possible, rather than simply expanding the network.
The values and sustainable development activities should be easily understood so that all businesses can implement and participate in them, he noted.
Also on the same day, Deputy PM Vu Duc Dam chaired a meeting with the Ministry of Health, the Vietnam Social Security, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, and the Government Office, and the VCCI on policies and payments from health insurance for original brand name drugs, with the dual goal of ensuring good quality medicine for examination and treatment while saving the health insurance fund and reducing costs for the people.
- ASEAN Political-Security Community Council Meeting in Hanoi
- Turning cultural heritage into strength for development: Deputy PM
- Deputy PM meets with young enterpreneurs
- APEC members tighten cooperation to lead global economic recovery
- Regional Planning Appraisal Council set up
- Deputy PM meets Việt Nam-ASEAN Association for Economic Cooperation Development delegation
- Vietnam attends 31st APEC Ministerial Meeting
- Corporate governance in a changing society
- Sub-regional development on table on AMM-53 first working day