The Saigon Times
HCMC - The Vietnam Association of Fish Sauce and the Vietnam Association of Traditional Fish Sauce were both launched on October 27 Tuoi Tre newspaper reported.
The Vietnam Association of Fish Sauce represents fish sauce manufacturers, traders, exporters, scientists, managers and testers, whose fish sauce production accounts for 70% of the country’s total. It was set up under the auspices of the Ministry of Health.
According to Nguyen Thi Bich Thuy, a representative of the association, the association will focus on solving problems related to processing methods to help Vietnamese fish sauce products meet the strict standards of importing countries.
On the occasion of its establishment, the Vietnam Association of Fish Sauce donated VND1 billion to help the central provinces deal with storms and floods.
Meanwhile, the Vietnam Association of Traditional Fish Sauce has some 120 members, including over 80 traditional fish sauce makers. The association also gathers representatives of localities that are famous for their fish sauce making tradition such as Nha Trang, Phu Quoc and Phan Thiet.
The Vietnam Association of Traditional Fish Sauce was established under the auspices of the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Vietnam’s fish sauce market is valued at some VND6 trillion with an annual growth rate of 13% over the past 10 years.
The country currently has 783 registered fish sauce production facilities and nearly 1500 fish sauce making households, with a total capacity of more than 250 million liters of fish sauce per year.
Some 270 fish sauce producers, mainly located in the coastal provinces and cities, are capable of making 100000 liters of fish sauce per year. Most of them produce fish sauce for domestic consumption and only 35 producers export fish sauce.
- Vietnam Fish Sauce Association established
- Traditional fish sauce to have its own logo
- 110 enterprises established the Vietnam Traditional Fish Sauce Association
- Phu Quoc receives intangible heritage certificate for fish sauce making
- Fish-sauce making village receives national cultural heritage status
- Making fish sauce in Phu Quoc has been a national intangible cultural treasure
- Back to the land, U Minh Ha enjoyed fish sauce. Just looking at the vegetables made me crave
- Phu Quoc fish sauce making seeks UNESCO recognition as world intangible cultural heritage
- Sa Chau fish sauce - specialty condiment of Nam Dinh province