The recovery by blue chip stocks in the second and third quarters has increased Vietnamese billionaires’ net worth by 45 percent to a combined $14.8 billion.
Between March 18 and October 26 their combined net worth rose by $4.6 billion, with the headcount rising from four to six, according to
Forbes magazine, which is published in Vietnamese.
Pham Nhat Vuong, chairman of the country’s largest private company, Vingroup, continued to be the richest as his net worth increased by 18 percent to $6.6 billion.
Nguyen Thi Phuong Thao, CEO of budget airline Vietjet and the richest woman in Vietnam, was second with a net worth of $2.2 billion, up 5 percent.
Climbing into third place was Ho Hung Anh, chairman of the most profitable private lender Techcombank, after his net worth surged 60 percent to $1.6 billion.
Tran Dinh Long, chairman of steelmaker Hoa Phat Group, and Nguyen Dang Quang, chairman of conglomerate Masan Group, returned to the billionaires’ list in fourth and sixth places after dropping out in March.
Tran Ba Duong, chairman of automaker Thaco Group, and his family were in fifth place with an unchanged net worth of $1.5 billion.
The stock market recovered following a global plunge in March amid a surge in Covid-19 cases.
Between March 18 and October 26 Hoa Phat stocks rose by 91 percent, Masan by 78 percent and Techcombank by 30 percent.
Hoa Phat reported its highest ever quarterly profit in the third quarter, while nine month profit rose 56 percent year-on-year to VND8.8 trillion ($379.5 million).
Techcombank’s profit was 20 percent up at VND10.7 trilion.
- Vietnamese billionaires worth up by 500 mln as stock market scales new high
- Six Vietnamese billionaires make Forbes 2021 world s richest list
- Six Vietnamese billionaires in Forbes magazine‚Äôs 2020 list
- Six Vietnamese billionaires in Forbes magazine's 2020 list
- Pham Nhat Vuong remains Vietnam’s wealthiest person: Forbes
- Forbes names six Vietnamese billionaires in latest rich list
- Viet Nam have six billionaires on the Forbes List 2021
- Pham Nhat Vuong's Vietnam's richest man and 286th in the world: Forbes
- Owner of US$7 billion system, billionaire Nguyen Dang Quang takes new step