Vietnam and Nigeria hold a B2B Networking Webinar on Fashion Products 2020 on October 22-23. (Photo: Bnews)
Hanoi (VNA) – Close to 130 Nigerian importers have participated in the Vietnam – Nigeria Business-to-Business (B2B) Networking Webinar on Fashion Products 2020.
The event was co-held by the Vietnam Trade Promotion Agency ( Vietrade ) under the Ministry of Industry and Trade, the Trade Office of the Embassy of Vietnam in Nigeria, and Nigeria ’s Lagos Commerce and Industry Chamber on October 22 – 23.
It provided a platform for Vietnamese producers and exporters of fashion products and Nigerian importers to learn about each other’s demand and capacity and seek partnership, contributing to boosting the bilateral trade turnover.
In his remarks at the plenary session, Vietrade Director Vu Ba Phu said the sub-sectors in Vietnam’s fashion industry, including textiles, footwear and handbags, have seen rapid growth over recent years and played an increasingly important part in the national economy.
Vietnam is among the world’s top three textile exporters, after China and India, while it is also among the global leading exporters in footwear.
Vietnam makes high-quality fashion products which are highly regarded by foreign importers from many countries and territories, Phu said.
He further noted that Vietnam has seen increasing FDI flows from developed countries, such as Japan, the Republic of Korea, Italy and Germany, into the fashion industry thanks to the country’s successful containment of COVID-19 improved business climate and membership of new-generation free trade agreements (FTAs), notably the EU-Vietnam FTA, which took effect from August 1.
Vietrade is committed to acting as a bridge between enterprises from the two sides and always supporting them in business exchanges and connection as well as investment./.
- Nigerian importers interested in Vietnamese fashion products
- Vietnam- Mercosur Business Networking Webinar 2020 held in Ho Chi Minh City
- Webinar looks to bolster Vietnam-Russia trade amid COVID-19
- Business matching webinar on seafood products with EU held
- Vietnamese, Nigerian Vice Presidents hold phone talks
- Over 130 Vietnamese citizens return from Africa and Malaysia
- Vietnamese, Bulgarian enhance trade ties
- More Vietnamese brought home from Africa, Malaysia
- Vietnam, India hold great potential in trade of fruits: Indian official