NDO – Ha Do Group held an inauguration ceremony for the Ha Do – Ninh Phuoc solar power plant in Ninh Thuan province on October 24 after more than three months of construction.
Covering around 58.7 hectares in Phuoc Thai and Phuoc Vinh commune, Ninh Phuoc district, the project has seen a total investment of over VND1079 trillion (US$46.6 million) and boasts a capacity of 50MW.
It is equipped with modern technology which helps reduce investment costs and transmission losses while withstanding strong winds and storms.
Earlier on September 4 the plant was connected to the national grid and it is estimated it will generate approximately 92 million kWh of electricity per year.
The project is expected to contribute VND37 billion to the local budget annually, and create jobs for hundreds of local workers.
According to Chairman of the Ninh Thuan provincial People’s Committee Luu Xuan Vinh, the province has granted investment licenses to 34 power projects with a total capacity of 2343MW and total investment of over VND62 trillion (US$267 billion). 31 projects have been put into operation with a total capacity of 2123 MW.
- Phuoc Ninh solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- 43mn USD solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- USD43 million-solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Phuoc Ninh solar farm completed and connected to grid
- 35Mwp solar power farm opens in Ninh Thuan
- EVN aims to complete key power projects in 2020