President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman on October 21 praised the sound development of the traditional friendship and multifaceted cooperation with Vietnam.
Ambassador Thai Xuan Dung (L) and President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman
At a reception for Vietnamese Ambassador Thai Xuan Dung who came to present his credentials, the President recalled his visit to Vietnam in the past and spoke highly of achievements the Southeast nation has recorded in socio-economic development, particularly in the economic sphere.
The leader also expressed his good impressions on the Vietnamese community in the Czech Republic, saying they have united and integrated into the host country well.
For his part, Ambassador Dung extended the greetings of Party General Secretary and State President Nguyen Phu Trong to the Czech President.
He thanked the Czech State and people for their valuable and effective support, and the President for his good sentiments towards Vietnam, affirming that Vietnam wishes to develop the time-honoured friendship and comprehensive cooperation with the Czech Republic.
The ambassador expressed his wish that the Czech State, Government and President continue to facilitate the integration of the Vietnamese community in the host society.
Dung told the Vietnam News Agency that he will make every effort to contribute to advancing the bilateral ties to a new high, for common interests, and for peace, friendship, cooperation between peoples of the two countries.
He suggested the two countries step up high-level delegation exchanges and effectively materialise agreements signed within the framework of the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) in order to raise the two-way trade.
The ambassador also pledged to intensify coordination with relevant agencies at home and Czech authorities to create optimal conditions for the Vietnamese community to stabilise their lives in the Czech Republic.
- Czech Republic regards Vietnam as important partner in SEA
- Vietnamese engineer honoured in Czech Republic
- Vietnam, Czech Republic step up tourism cooperation
- Photo exhibition spotlights Vietnam-Czech traditional relations
- Embassy presents face masks to Vietnamese community in Czech Republic
- Aid from the UK, Thailand and the Czech Republic
- Europe-based OVs raise funds for flood victims in central Vietnam
- Party chief and President receives Cuban Ambassador to Vietnam
- 290 more Vietnamese people flown home from Czech Republic
- Indonesian Ambassador to Vietnam Ibnu Hadi paid a farewell call to Vice President of Vietnam