Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – Vietnam Electricity (EVN) purchased a total of 816 billion kWh of renewable power in the first nine months of this year, of which 723 billion kWh, or 88.6 percent, were generated by solar power projects.
The nine-month solar power buyback was 2.6-fold higher year-on-year.
EVN’s electricity output in September, including imported power, totalled 2132 billion kWh, a year-on-year increase of 817 percent, thanks to surging demand amid the post-COVID-19 economic recovery.
The State-run corporation produced 710.7 million kWh per day on average, with the highest daily figure touching 77875 million kWh.
Electricity output reached 18537 billion kWh in the first nine months, up 268 percent year-on-year.
EVN has broken ground on 107 power projects this year and put into operation 100110-500kV transmission lines./.
- Nearly 20,000 rooftop solar power projects installed
- Solar power production triples
- Record number of solar power plants put into operation in Q2
- Vietnamese company joins solar power projects in Laos
- Dong Nai working to develop rooftop solar power
- Over 25000 rooftop solar projects installed in first eight months