Patient 1,125 is a 30-year old Indian expert who flew to Ho Chi Minh City on October 6 and tested negative for the virus the following day.
On October 16, the Indian man experienced cough and had his sample collected by the Ho Chi Minh City Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
The testing outcomes released Saturday showed that he is positive for the virus.
Patient 1,226 is a 37-year old man from Quynh Hoi Commune, Quynh Phu District of Thai Binh Province.
He landed in Cam Ranh airport in the central province of Khanh Hoa on October 15 on flight VJ2735 from Myanmar.
The local Center for Disease Control collected his sample for COVID-19 testing the following day and he was confirmed positive for the virus on Saturday.
The National Steering Committee, led by Deputy Prime Minister Vu Duc Dam, also said 1,031 COVID-19 patients have recovered and exited hospitals.
So far, Viet Nam reported 35 COVID-19 deaths, including 31 in central city of Da Nang, three in Quang Nam, and one in Quang Tri./.
By: Thuy Dung/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Indian expert among two new imported Covid-19 cases in Vietnam
- Nine more Indian nationals test positive for COVID-19
- Second Myanmar sailor tested positive for COVID-19 in Vietnam
- Two US returnees test positive for COVID-19
- Two new COVID-19 cases reported on Sept. 2 afternoon
- Myanmar sailor tested positive for SARS-CoV-2 in Vietnam
- Vietnam confirms 14 new Covid-19 infection cases, total rises to 880
- Two new cases of COVID-19 reported on September 2
- Vietnam confirms 18 new Covid-19 cases, patient tally rises to 929
- Vietnam releases updated information on the 2nd Covid-19 patient in Da Nang