NutiFood products on Walmart shelves (Photo: VNA)
HCM City (VNA) – The
Nutrition Food JSC (NutiFood) announced on October 15 that its soymilk products are now available in 450 Walmart supermarkets across China, making it the first Vietnamese milk brand to be accepted by the US-based multinational retail chain .
According to Nutifood CEO Tran Thi Le, the company had to meet over 250 strict criteria from Walmart, including those relating to material quality and production processes, transportation security, human resources policies, and social responsibility.
The success has helped Nutifood gain better access to China’s 1 billion people, who collectively consume up to 15 billion litres of soymilk each year – the highest worldwide.
In addition to the Chinese market, Nutifood’s products are also on the shelves of Walmart stores in the US.
Its Pedia Plus milk products were given the green light by the US Food and Drug Administration in 2018.
The company then entered into a partnership to build a dairy plant in Sweden producing organic goods to meet demand in Vietnam and Europe./.
- NutiFood soymilk on shelves of Walmart supermarkets in China
- NutiFood soymilk is available on Walmart stores
- NutiFood becomes market leader in baby milk industry
- Walmart to pour up to $25b into Tata group’s super app
- Tiktok to belong to Microsoft Walmart or Oracle
- Two more Vietnamese dairy firms licensed to export to China
- Walmart’s Flipkart buys land for fulfilling center worth $59m
- Another factory licensed to export milk to China
- Vietnamese factory’s milk licensed to export to China
- Two Vietnamese named among top 25 Asian “Power Businesswomen” 2020