At the event (Photo: nhandan.com.vn)
HCM City (VNA) – Ho Chi Minh City’s Centre for Trade Promotion and Investment on October 14 held a seminar on expanding the market of Vietnamese food and agricultural products in North America and within the Association of Southeast Asian Nations.
The event aimed at helping enterprises in the city and other localities nationwide seek opportunities for connectivity and cooperation so as to increase their exports to the two markets.
Highlighting the markets’ potential, participants suggested competent public agencies continue organising trade promotion programmes to propel trade between Vietnam and countries of the two regions.
However, they said, entering the markets, particularly the North America , requires product quality improvement, product diversification, and clear origins that can be traced easily.
Firms, meanwhile, ought to overhaul their structures from human resources to production chains to boost their competitiveness in an international business environment, they added./.
- Vietnam, Venezuela seek to propel trade links forward
- Vietnam seeks to expand export markets for farm produce
- Vietnam seizes opportunities to promote export to potential markets
- Enterprises seek ways to boost agricultural and aquatic exports
- Fair for farming, OCOP products in the North opens this month
- Quality needed to boost agricultural, aquatic exports
- Vietnamese, Singaporean firms tap FTAs with EU, UK to expand cooperation
- Vietnam - Latin America 2020 ICT Business Promotion Conference in Hanoi
- Japanese investors are expanding in Vietnam
- Exporters told how to conquer Thai market