Two military helicopters and crew members were mobilised at Phu Bai airport on October 14 as they attempt to rescue 30 missing people, including 13 members of a rescue team and 17 stranded workers, from a landslide which has hit Rao Trang 3 Hydropower Plant in the central province of Thua Thien Hue.
The injured workers in the landslide are transferred
to Binh Dien general hospital for treatment.
The Mi-171E rescue helicopter, a new version of the Mi 8 series, consists of a large compartment that is capable of accommodating 26 passengers.
According to the latest information, one helicopter has flown into the area and gained access to the landslide site around Rao Trang Hydropower Plant 3.
During the course of an urgent meeting held on October 13 in Phong Dien district, representatives from relevant ministries and agencies came together to discuss plans regarding how to fully access the scene of the landslide.
So far, hundreds of soldiers and speciliased vehicles have been dispatched to participate in rescue efforts and clear all surrounding roads which have been hit by numerous landslides and severe flooding.
Furthermore, a total of 40 workers from Rao Trang 3 Hydropower Plant, including three Indian experts, have managed to successfully escape from the landslide site and have safely made it to Rao Trang 4 Hydropower Plant which has provided them with shelter, according to provincial authorities.
During the night, after gaining access to the Rao Trang 4 Hydropower Plant, the rescue team were able to provide essential supplies for experts and workers of the plant, in addition to bringing five injured individuals into the emergency room at Binh Dien General Hospital in Huong Tra town.
According to the Thua Thien Hue People's Committee, relevant forces have gained control to provincial road No. 71 leading to the landslide scene, while two canoes from Huong Dien Hydropower Plant in Huong Binh commune have been mobilised to Rao Trang 4 Hydropower Plant in order to rescue injured people.
- One more worker found at hydropower plant landslide
- 15 people still missing after landslide at Vietnam hydropower plant
- 13 members of landslide rescue party unaccounted for
- The bodies of 13 members of the rescue team removed from the rubble of a landslide
- Nineteen victims of the Rào Trang hydropower plant 3 hospitalized
- Bodies of 13 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Landslide disaster: Rescue workers search for 17 in debris in central Vietnam
- Bodies of nine rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble
- Bodies of 12 rescue team members retrieved from landslide rubble