Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – The PetroVietnam Exploration Production Corporation (PVEP) – a subsidiary of the Vietnam Oil and Gas Group (PetroVietnam) – exploited 288 million tonnes of oil equivalent in the first three quarters of this year, surpassing the target by 1 percent.
PVEP said its oil and gas exploitation activities in the past nine months were seriously affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and the shock drop in oil prices.
The business has taken a series of measures to maximise its exploitation, reduce production cost, adjust and extend investment progress along with financial solutions to survive, and maintain the operation of projects in the most optimal way amid the health crisis.
However, as the average oil price is much lower than the set plan, the total revenue of PVEP in the reviewed period was estimated at 15.8 trillion VND (nearly 681.7 million USD). This fulfilled 71 percent and 53 percent of the goals set for the reviewed period and the entire year, respectively.
The corporation reported a pre-tax profit of 80 billion VND in the period. It contributed 4.8 trillion VND to the State budget.
In the remaining months of the year, PVEP ’s output is expected to reach 085 million tonnes of oil equivalent ./.
- Oil and gas output of PVEP beats 2.88 million tonnes over nine-month period
- PVEP exceeds nine-month oil exploitation target
- PetroVietnam exploits 7.76 million tonnes of oil equivalent in eight months
- PetroVietnam posts profit of over $430 million despite twin crises
- SK Innovation to operate oil block 16-2 offshore Vietnam
- PetroVietnam posts profit of over 430 million USD despite twin crises
- PetroVietnam posts profit of over VND10 trillion despite twin crises
- PetroVietnam’s nine-month oil output surpasses target at 864 million tonnes
- PetroVietnam earns 12.2 billion USD in revenue in H1
- PetroVietnam’s oil output reaches 864 million tonnes