Honda Vietnam's production line (Source: honda.com)
Hanoi (VNA) ‚Äì Honda Vietnam 's vehicle sale s plummeted in the first half of fiscal year 2021 (April 2020 to March 2021) as a result of COVID-19 , according to Nguyen Huy Trung, head of the Foreign Affairs Division.
Motorbike sales nosedived 25 percent year-on-year to 958875 units, Trung said, but the company still managed to account for 80.1 percent of Vietnam's motorbike market share.
The best-selling manual model remained the Wave Alpha, with 204102 units sold, or 21 percent of the total. The Vision was its most popular automatic model, with sales totalling 247570 units, or 26 percent.
The company also exported 68782 motorbikes to various markets during the period, earning 14783 million USD in revenue, down 22.8 percent from a year earlier.
The joint venture also delivered 11230 motor cars of all models during April-September, a decline of 27 percent against the same period last year.
The Honda CR-V was again the best-selling SUV, with 4235 units sold, or 38 percent of all auto sales./.
- Honda Vietnam’s motorbike sales down, auto sales up in August
- Honda Vietnam’s motorcycle sales down, auto sales up in June
- Vietnam auto sales stage May recovery
- Motorbike sales drop 30.7 percent in Q2
- Honda Vietnam posts rising motorcycle sales in August
- Auto sales down 25 pct
- Honda Vietnam recalls cars to replace fuel pumps
- The motorbike and automobile markets in Vietnam fell dramatically in the first month of 2023
- Automobile sales surge in October
- Policies encourage firms to assemble cars in Vietnam