Of which, in August this year, types of fruits contributing to the general growth of the agricultural sector included dragon fruit, mango, banana, coconut, jackfruit, durian, passion fruit, and longan. For processed products, products made from passion fruit, mango, chili, pineapple, and coconut were the main export items, but processed passion fruit exports tended to decrease. However, the market for passion fruit products remains large, while Vietnam has many competitive advantages.
The effective EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) will create conditions for Vietnamese fruit and vegetable exporters to compete with exporters in countries with the same geographical location in Southeast Asia like Thailand, the Philippines, and Malaysia, and other countries with the same weather conditions in South America like Peru and Ecuador.
Noticeably, Thailand’s import of fresh coconuts from Vietnam reached 129000 tons in the past months, worth $50.4 million, up 377.7 percent in volume, and 781.3 percent in value compared to the same period last year.
By Phan Thanh – Translated by Thuy Doan
- Fruit, vegetable exports fetch 2.5 billion USD in nine months
- Durian, pomelo, passion fruit in row to be exported to China
- Fruit and vegetable exports plummet over nine months
- Ben Tre exports first batch of fruit to EU under EVFTA
- Vietnam exports first batch of passion fruit to Europe
- 7-month fruit and vegetable exports fetch nearly USD2 billion
- EVFTA provides boost for agricultural exports to EU
- Fruit, vegetable exporters need to focus on policy changes: conference
- Fruit and vegetable exports down over 12 percent in first seven months
- VN fruit, vegetable exporters need to be on top of Chinese policy changes