Hanoi (VNA) – Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc has asked the Electricity of Vietnam to review recent hikes in household electricity bill, stressing that mistakes that affect people’s rights must be avoided and violations, if any, must be strictly handled.
He made the order while presiding over a regular Government meeting in Hanoi on June 22 on the development mechanisms of power sources and networks.
All economic sectors could take part in electricity generation in association with environmental protection, the PM said, with priority being given to renewable energy.
The Ministry of Industry and Trade and the relevant agencies have been asked to join hands to ensure progress of power projects.
PM Phuc also requested the acceleration of wind, liquefied natural gas and solar power projects in a transparent manner.
The prices of renewable energy have significantly dropped in recent times, raising competitiveness compared to traditional energy sources, according to the Ministry of Industry and Trade./.VNA
- All economic sectors can join power generation, PM Phuc says
- Electricity officials suspended for abnormally high electricity bill
- Extend feed in tariff incentive for wind power: ministry
- Renewable energy yet to meet potential: conference
- Record number of solar power plants put into operation in Q2
- Power sector seeking ways to grow further
- Thermal power slumps as renewable energy soars 180 percent
- Nearly 20,000 rooftop solar power projects installed
- Vietnam to cut 1.3 billion kWh of renewable energy this year