NDO – T&T Group and the People’s Committee of Ninh Thuan province held an inauguration ceremony for the Phuoc Ninh solar power plant in Phuoc Minh commune, Thuan Nam district, Ninh Thuan province on June 22 after 100 days of construction.
The project has seen a total investment of over VND1 trillion (US$43.5 million) and boasts a capacity of 45MW. Earlier on June 10, the plant was connected to the national grid and it is estimated that it will provide approximately 75 million kWh of electricity to the national grid each year.
The construction of the plant commenced in March 2020 on an area of 65.2ha in the two communes of Phuoc Minh and Phuoc Ninh in Thuan Nam district.
The plant is equipped with photovoltaic panels and chain inverter systems with high efficiency and environmental friendliness as provided by a Sharp – NSN joint venture.
During the construction of the plant, the investor presented 500 gifts and 20 tonnes of rice worth total VND700 million (US$30,200) to needy people affected by the COVID-19 pandemic in Ninh Thuan province.
Vice Chairman of Ninh Thuan provincial People’s Committee Pham Van Hau said that the province has granted investment licenses to 34 power projects with a total capacity of 2,343MW and a total investment of over VND62 trillion (US$2.67 billion). 22 projects have been put into operation with a total capacity of 1,375MW.
- US$46.6 million solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- 43mn USD solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- USD43 million-solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Phuoc Ninh solar farm completed and connected to grid
- Sharp Corp. to launch solar power plant in Vietnam soon
- Southeast Asia’s largest renewable energy complex inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- 35Mwp solar power farm opens in Ninh Thuan
- Largest solar plant in Southeast Asia begins operating in Vietnam
- Sharp to launch new solar power plant in central Vietnam
- EVN aims to complete key power projects in 2020