Construction started on September 30 on three component projects of the North-South Expressway.
PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc speaks at the ground breaking ceremony of the North-South Expressway's Mai Son-National Highway 45 component project in Thanh Hoa Province on September 30.
PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc, Minister of Transport Nguyen Van The, Minister of Planning and Investment Nguyen Chi Dung and leaders of Thanh Hoa, Ninh Binh, Ha Nam provinces attended the ground breaking ceremony of the expressway's session Mai Son-National Highway 45.
This is one among 11 component projects of the North-South Expressway which has been approved by the government including six public-invested and five PPP projects.
The Mai Son ‚Äì QL45 component project runs 6337 kilometres through two provinces of Ninh Binh and Thanh Hoa with six lanes and a speed limit of 120km/h. This project has a total investment of over VND 12 trillion (USD522 million).
The same day, two other components projects of Vinh Hao-Phan Thiet in the south-central province of Binh Dinh and Phan Thiet-Dau Giay in the southern province of Dong Nai also kicked off.
These three component projects have been transformed from the public-private-partnership (PPP) form to the public investment model are expected to be completed and put into operation by the end of 2022.
Speaking at the ceremony, PM Phuc said the start of the construction of the three component projects of the North-South Expressway and efforts to get the construction of five remaining sub-projects underway in October are important for the country's transport sector.
The North-South Expressway is set to have a total length of 1811km, connecting Hanoi and the Mekong Delta city of Can Tho.
- Construction starts on North-South Expressway‚Äôs three component projects
- Construction starts on North-South Expressway component projects
- Bids on five PPP projects for North-South Expressway due in October
- Vietnam starts building 3 national expressway sub-projects worth US$1.6 billion
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project starts construction
- Phan Thiet – Dau Giay Expressway Project sets to work
- Work starts on three North-South Expressway segments
- Seven transportation infrastructure projects set to start
- Vietnam transport ministry launches call for tender for North-South Expressway