Illustrative image (Source: VNA)
Soc Trang (VNA) – Construction started on two wind power projects in Vinh Chau town of the Mekong Delta province of Soc Trang on September 26.
Specifically, the Lac Hoa and Hoa Dong wind power plant projects, invested by Lac Hoa and Hoa Dong Wind Power Companies, will have a capacity of 30MW each.
They are the first two onshore wind power projects in Soc Trang, which are expected to provide 221500 MWh of electricity for the national grid.
The two projects have a combined investment of over 2 trillion VND (86.1 million USD) and are scheduled to be complete in the third quarter of 2021.
Speaking at the ground-breaking ceremony, Vice Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Lam Hoang Nghiep said that once operational, the two projects not only bring into full play the wind source, but also contribute to reducing environmental pollution, developing tourism, increasing State budget collection, generating more jobs for locals.
He asked authorities and localities to create all favourable conditions for investors and contractors.
On September 25 work also began on another wind power project in Vinh Chau town . The wind power plant No.7 project will have a total designed capacity of 120MW and a total investment of nearly 5.7 trillion VND.
Soc Trang boasts a coast line of 72km, which is an advantage to develop wind power./.
- Construction of wind power plant’s second phase begins in Bac Lieu
- Construction of over 5.2-trillion-VND wind farms begins in Bac Lieu
- Bac Lieu Province starts construction of ninth wind farm
- Vietnam to stop licensing of wind power plants
- Vietnam targets jump in solar, wind power capacity
- FECON won the contract of nearly 2,000 billion dong for wind power projects since the beginning of the year
- Vietnam announces wind power projects for master energy development planning
- Wind power in Vietnam needs more synchronous infrastructure