Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong on September 21 chaired a working session between the Politburo and the standing board of the Central Public Security Party Committee to collect feedback on draft documents and personnel work for submission to the seventh Congress of the Central Public Security Party Organisation.
Party General Secretary and President Nguyen Phu Trong at the event
Party chief Trong highlighted the position, role, and importance of the people’s public security force, together with the people’s army, in maintaining political security and social safety and order and creating a favourable environment for national construction and defence.
He asked the force to continue renewing operations to suit reality amid the global integration period and to forecast the situation to offer suggestions to accomplish the task of protecting security and safety in the new situation.
The leader expressed a belief that the people’s public security force will continue striving to fulfil their assigned tasks and hoped that they would work closely with the army and relevant units to firmly fight corruption and negative behaviour.
The Politburo lauded the force for discovering and effectively preventing plots by reactionary forces and political opportunists, protecting the absolute safety of the country’s important political targets and events, fighting the manifestations of “self-evolution” and “self-transformation”, ensuring cyber security and safety, dealing with emerging issues regarding social safety and security in ethnic and religious groups, and actively joining in the fight against COVID-19.
They were also hailed for cracking down on crime, including major economic and corruption cases, complex drug trafficking rings, and loan sharking, among others.
Regarding future tasks, the Politburo stressed that the Central Public Security Party Organisation must pay special attention to Party building work, building a strong force that is absolutely loyal to the Party and close to the people.
The Central Public Security Party Committee also made personnel preparations in a serious and democratic manner in line with the Politburo’s Decree No 35-CT/TW and guidelines of the Party Central Committee.
On the occasion, Party leader Trong expressed his hope that the seventh Congress of the Central Public Security Party Organisation will be a success, thus opening up a new period of development.
- Party leader: There is no room for opportunism in upcoming Party election
- Party Central Committee meets to introduce candidates to Politburo, Secretariat
- Prime Minister addresses Central Public Security Party Organisation’s 7th Congress
- Vietnam Communist Party holds plenum to prepare personnel for 2021 Congress
- Party Central Committee convenes 14th Plenum
- Ministry of Public Security awarded first-class Military Exploit Order
- Politburo discusses finalisation of National Party Congress documents
- Party Central Committee’s 14th session opens
- Preparing and working towards the 13th Party Congress
- Party Central Committee seeks to minimize COVID-19 impact