NDO – A dialogue between young Vietnamese and Singaporean enterprise leaders was held in the capital cities of Hanoi and Singapore on September 19 opening up many cooperativeopportunities in start-ups for the youth from the two countries.
The event drew the presence of many famous speakers such as the CEO of the Singapore FinTech Association (SFA) Chai Hock Lai and Co-founder and Technology Director of Akachain – FPT Software Tran Hoang Giang.
According to reports from the programme, Vietnam and Singapore have made great strides in economic cooperation in recent years.
Singapore is currently the third largest foreign investor overall and the largest investor among the ASEAN Community in Vietnam with over 1800 projects worth a total of US$43 billion.
Meanwhile, Vietnamese enterprises are also seeking cooperation opportunities in Singapore. Vietnam’s FDI investment to Singapore reached over US$500 million in 2020.
Speaking at the event, the CEO of SFA emphasised the great affect the COVID-19 pandemic has had on trade activities around the world, including ASEAN.
He also noted that young entrepreneurs should turn risk into opportunity, particularly moving trade activities online.
At the event, the speakers also analysed and provided a lot of information on issues that young people are interested in todaysuch as blockchain technology, the integration of financial technology in general education programmes and e-commerce.
- Singapore tops list of investors in Vietnam
- Vietnam, Singapore hold online investment promotion event
- Singapore calls for stronger intra-ASEAN cooperation in COVID-19 fight
- Singapore tops list of foreign investors in Vietnam
- Singapore emerges as largest foreign investor over nine-month period
- Vietnam - Singapore digital transformation ecosystem
- Singapore is Vietnam’s leading foreign investor in 2020
- ASEAN Young Entrepreneurs Carnival 2020
- Da Nang’s tourism targets Singaporean market after pandemic
- Vietnam visitors negative with coronavirus can travel freely within Singapore