Vietnamese leaders will send messages to upcoming high-level meetings of the 75th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA 75), Foreign Ministry Spokesperson Le Thi Thu Hang said Thursday.
Specifically, Party General Secretary, State President Nguyen Phu Trong will send a message to high-level general debate on September 24.
Particularly, this will be the first time the top Party and State leader has sent a message on the country's foreign policy to the UN General Assembly, Hang emphasized.
On September 21, Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc will send a message to the high-level meeting commemorating the 75th anniversary of the UN.
On October 1, National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan will convey a message to the 25th anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women.
On October 2, Deputy Prime Minister, Foreign Minister Pham Binh Minh is expected to send a message to the high-level marking the International Day for the Total Elimination of Nuclear Weapons.
The sending of the messages reflects Viet Nam's responsible and active participation in as well as practical and substantive contributions to the UN and the international community community.
It also demonstrates the country's attention to the resolution of international and regional issues, according to Hang.
The UNGA 75 will open on September 15 with the High-level General Debate taking place from September 22 to 26 and concluding on September 29.
Under the theme, “The future we want, the United Nations we need: reaffirming our collective commitment to multilateralism – confronting COVID-19 through effective multilateral action”, the General Assembly will mark the 75th anniversary of the UN through a High-level meeting on September 21./.
By: Kim Anh/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Vietnamese leaders send condolences over death of Kuwaiti emir
- Remarks by NA Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan at UNGA High-level Meeting to celebrate 25th Anniversary of the Fourth World Conference on Women
- UN General Debate ends in strong support for multilateralism
- Vietnam sends message on 75th anniversary of signing UN Charter
- Foreign leaders place importance on relationship with Vietnam
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-un sends congratulatory message for Vietnam’s National Day
- Newest method to block marketing messages
- Prime Minister says UN is a priority in Vietnam‚Äôs foreign policy