NDO – The first batch of fruit from Ben Tre sent to the European Union (EU) with a zero tax rate under the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) was announced on Thursday (Sep 17).
> Vietnam exports first batch of passion fruit to Europe
> Vietnam exports first coffee shipment to EU under new trade agreement
This afternoon, at the headquarters of the Vina T&T Group in Chau Thanh District in the Mekong Delta province of Ben Tre, the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) and local authorities announced the exportation.
Accordingly, the Vina T&T Group will export one container of 20000 fresh coconuts by sea and three tonnes of dragon fruit by air to the EU market.
The company, with its advanced technologies and modern equipment in the field of fruit production, processing and exporting, has met the requirements needed to serve the EU market.
Fresh coconut products packed for export. (Photo: NDO/Hoang Trung)
Statistics from the MARD showed that after more than a month since the EVFTA took effect this August, many export products of Vietnam have witnessed positive changes in the EU market. Of which, a number of agricultural products have been exported to this most selective of markets, such as brackish shrimp from Ninh Thuan Province, coffee and passion fruit from Gia Lai Province, and now fruit from Ben Tre.
Fruit is one of the main Vietnamese export items to the EU market. In the first seven months of 2020 fruit exports to this market reached US$5918 million, accounting for 7354% of the total value of fruit and vegetable exports to the EU.
- Vietnam exports first batch of passion fruit to Europe
- EVFTA provides boost for agricultural exports to EU
- Vietnam exports first coffee shipment to EU under new trade agreement
- Fruit and vegetable exports plummet over nine months
- Việt Nam’s first batch of coffee under EVFTA exported
- Vietnamese agri-products prepared for export after EVFTA
- Fruit, vegetable exports expected to revive after nine-month slump
- Vegetable, fruit exports reach US$2.5 billion in nine months
- Vietnam exports first rice batch to Europe following EVFTA