The Vietnam International Travel Mart (VITM Hanoi) 2020 is scheduled to get underway between November 18-21 after being postponed three times due to fears surrounding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
At the Vietnam International Travel Mart (VITM Hanoi) 2019
The schedule for the event was released following the containment of the coronavirus outbreak in Vietnam, according to the Vietnam Tourism Association. No new cases of community transmission have been registered in the country over the past two weeks, said the association, citing an updated report from the Ministry of Health.
Therefore, the Government has eased regulations and is allowing events to be held in public areas, providing that COVID-19 prevention and control measures are implemented.
Ahead of VITM Hanoi 2020, “Vietnam Tourism - changing for development” has been chosen as the main theme as it aims to encourage businesses and organisations to launch initiatives that apply to management, business, and tourism activities, especially the application of Industry 4.0 technology.
The VITM Hanoi 2020 had previously been scheduled to take place from April 1 to April 4. It was then pushed back to between May 14 and May 17, and most recently it was set to be held between August 12 to August 15.
- VITM Hanoi scheduled for November after being delayed twice due to COVID-19
- Vietnam International Travel Mart postponed again due to COVID-19
- Hanoi to host Vietnam International Travel Mart in November
- 54 localities join VITM Hanoi 2020
- VITM Hanoi 2020 set to kick off in August
- VITM Hanoi hit by delay following fresh COVID-19 outbreaks
- 2020 Vietnam International Travel Mart to feature 400 booths
- Vietnam Int’l Travel Mart to take place in August
- International travel mart suspended following Danang Covid-19 outbreak