Other mega projects include Long Thanh International Airport, My Thuan-Can Tho expressway, and Ben Luc-Long Thanh expressway.
The eastern north-south expressway, which is of national priority for investment in the 2017-2020 period, is divided into 11 sub-projects with a total length of 654 kilometers running through 13 provinces and cities.
By the end of August, the relevant localities have completed 91.1% of site clearance work but the remaining volume requires drastic efforts so that it could be finished in the third quarter this year as ordered by the Government.
In addition, construction of resettlement areas has failed to meet the requirements, with only around 44% completed to date.
Meanwhile, the Government urged the People’s Committee of Dong Nai Province to quicken site clearance on 1,810ha for the first construction phase of the Long Thanh International Airport.
To build the airport, more than 5,000ha of land must be cleared and another 364ha are required to build the two resettlement sites.
Some 4,800 households and 26 organizations are expected to be relocated. Around 70% of the 15,500 people who will have to move are farmers, and the rest are rubber plantation workers and workers in other sectors.
This year, the Ministry of Transport is assigned to disburse around US$1.63 billion for key transport projects. The disbursement rate reached 33.7% compared to the national average figure of 30.2%.
Accelerating disbursement of public investment capital is considered a key solution of the Government to boost growth amid COVID-19 pandemic.
As of 6:10 pm on Wednesday, Viet Nam had 1,063 COVID-19 infection cases, including 936 recoveries and 35 fatalities./.
By: Thuy Dung/Online Newspaper of the Government - Viet Nam Government Portal
- Sub-projects under North-South Expressway Project speeded up
- Bidding to open for North-South Expressway project
- Adjustments to eastern section of North-South Expressway discussed
- Vietnam transport ministry launches call for tender for North-South Expressway
- Vietnam to start building North-South Expressway in September
- Transport ministry opens bids on five PPP projects for North-South Expressway
- My Thuan- Can Tho expressway project to start work in fourth quarter of 2020
- The Prime Minister urged the progress of completing the resettlement area of the North – South express project
- Transport Ministry to call for bids for five north-south expressway projects