The National Congress of Argentina held a ceremony on September 14 to receive 20,000 medical masks presented by the National Assembly of Vietnam to help the country battle COVID-19.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Argentina Dang Xuan Dung (second from left) presents
the aid to Administrative Secretary of the Argentine Senate Maria Luz Alonso (Photo: VNA)
Speaking at the hand-over ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Argentina Dang Xuan Dung described the gift as support from Vietnam to Argentina’s fight against COVID-19.
He spoke highly of measures applied by the Argentine government to curb the spread of the coronavirus in the community, while expressing his belief that with determination and efforts made by the government and parliament, Argentina will soon overcome the pandemic and bring people’s life back to normal.
Vietnam will continue to closely cooperate and share information and experience with Argentina in a joint effort to promptly bring COVID-19 under control, and minimise negative impacts caused by the pandemic.
In reply, Administrative Secretary of the Argentine Senate Maria Luz Alonso expressed her gratitude to the Vietnamese Government, NA and people for their gift to Argentina amid the pandemic.
She underlined that it is a vivid manifestation for traditional friendship and cooperation of the two countries, while pledging to further promote the bilateral relations for the sake of the two peoples.
- Vietnam helps Argentina fight COVID-19
- Vietnam, Argentina seek to augment economic and trade links
- Vietnam, Argentina boost economic, trade cooperation
- New York receives 2 tonnes of face masks from Hanoi
- Medical masks presented to Vietnamese community in Cyprus
- Ministry of Health presents 200,000 face masks to Lao counterpart
- New York receives 2 tons of face masks from Hanoi
- Vietnam donates haul of medical supplies to help Venezuela tackle COVID-19
- Ambassador to Canada: OVs are an inseparable part of the Vietnamese nation