NDO – The Sao Mai Group started construction on the second phase of the Sao Mai Solar Power Plant in An Giang Province on September 15.
Covering 275 hectares in Tinh Bien District, the two-phase plant has received total investment of nearly VND6 trillion (US$259 million) and has a combined capacity of 210 MWp. The second phase in particular has a capacity of 106 MWp with investment of over VND3 trillion (US$129.5 million).
Truong Vinh Thanh, Deputy Director of the Sao Mai Group, said that the construction of the plant has received much support from the local authorities and people in both administrative procedures and land clearance.
He stressed that the group is determined to complete the project by the end of 2020 as scheduled.
Addressing the event, Chairman of the An Giang Provincial People’s Committee Nguyen Thanh Binh said that since the first phase of the Sao Mai Solar Power Plant was put into operation in July 2019 it has contributed to creating jobs for many local employees and increasing budget collection.
He expressed his believed that with its capacity and experience, Sao Mai Group will complete the project on schedule, adding that the project will surely contribute to the socio-economic development in An Giang Province in general and Tinh Bien District in particular.
- Phuoc Ninh solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- T&T Group seeks approval to build $3.5bln LNG-fired power plant
- 43mn USD solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- USD43 million-solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- US$43mn solar power plant inaugurated in Ninh Thuan
- Construction of over 5.2-trillion-VND wind farms begins in Bac Lieu
- Construction of Vietnam-Thailand wind power plant underway
- Check the progress of Trung Nam – Thuan Nam Solar Power Plant project 450MW
- Transmission line problems might dash solar power plant hopes