Dozens of Vietnamese agricultural products like dragon fruit, grapefruit and pineapples will be exported to the EU on September 16 and 17 according to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development.
Vietnamese coffee will have more advantages.
This export is the follow up after the shrimp cargo export of Thong Thuan Group on September 11. It is hoped that with advantages provided by the EVFTA, high-quality product exports will help boost the position of Vietnamese agriculture products in the EU. Vietnamese passion fruits have met the requirements of strict markets like France, Germany, Holland and Switzerland.
Coffee beans and passion fruit will be exported on September 16 by Vinh Hiep 404 Company and Dong Giao Food Export Company. On September 17 Vina T&T Group will export grapefruit, coconuts and dragon fruit.
Deputy Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development Le Quoc Doanh said EU market ranked as Vietnam’s fourth biggest fruit and vegetable importer. Since August 1 when the EVFTA went into effect, the amount of exported fruits and vegetable has gone up to take the opportunities after 94 of the total 547 tariff lines on vegetable and fruit products to EU were lifted.
The export turnover in August reached USD14.7m, an increase of 25.2% compared to the previous month and an increase of 6% compared to the same period in 2019. Taxes will decrease by 7-11% to 0% for unroasted or roasted coffee and from 9-12% to 0% for processed coffee.
Vietnam’s coffee exports also account for a large share in the EU. In August, Vietnam exported nearly USD76m worth of coffee to the EU, an increase of 34.7% compared to the previous month. More opportunities are expected when taxes on coffee products will be exempted in the future.
In the coming time, the ministry will continue negotiating to export more agricultural, fishery and forestry products to the EU.
- Vietnamese agricultural exports to EU begin enjoying EVFTA benefits
- EVFTA provides boost for agricultural exports to EU
- Vietnam’s farm produce to be exported to EU, enjoying tax incentives
- Vietnamese red dragon fruit exported to the Russian market
- Son La successfully exports dragon fruit
- Vietnam hopes to export 100,000 tonnes of rice to EU
- Vietnam ships first batch of shrimp to EU under EVFTA
- Farming production needs reforms for higher export value
- EVFTA: First batch of shrimp from Vietnam on its way to EU