NDO – The Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (MARD) held a meeting with enterprises in Hanoi on September 14 to promote imports of agricultural products from the US.
The US is one of leading trade partners of Vietnam with two-way trade value growing continuously over the years, especially in agriculture.
In the first seven months of this year, the total import-export turnover of agro-forestry-fishery products between the two countries reached US$753 billion, a year-on-year increase of 9%.
Vietnam’s main exports to the US are wood and wooden products, aquatic products, cashew nuts, coffee, rubber and vegetables. Meanwhile, animal feed, soybeans, wood and wooden products, vegetables, milk and dairy products, wheat and cotton are main products that Vietnam imports from the US.
In order to remove difficulties for enterprises, the MARD will continue to work with relevant agencies in the US to make the quarantine procedures from the two countries more flexible.
In addition, the two sides are proactively expanding markets for US products such as nuts, almonds and grapefruits to Vietnam and creating favourable conditions for Vietnamese pomelos in the American market.
- Vietnam, US explore ways to raise export and import turnover of farm produce
- Country bags over USD33 billion from agro-forestry-fishery exports
- Agro-forestry-fisheries exports down 3.4 percent in first half
- Agricultural trade surplus climbs above US$5 billion mark
- Agricultural sector enjoys trade surplus of over US$6 bln in eight months