Vietjet Air and Vietnam Airlines have decided to increase the frequency of domestic flights to serve increasing travel demand as the COVID-19 pandemic is now under control in Vietnam.
Accordingly, Vietnam Airlines on Monday announced that the flight frequency will be raised on six routes connecting Hanoi and the cities of Vinh, Quy Nhon, Tuy Hoa, Nha Trang, Da Lat, and Pleiku.
There will be 11 to 26 flights per week on each of these routes by October, more than double the current five weekly flights, the national carrier said.
Nearly 40 flights a week will be added in total to the six routes.
Earlier, the national flag carrier also announced that from Wednesday, it will increase the frequency of flights connecting Da Nang with Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, with four and five round trips a day, respectively.
Likewise, low-cost carrier Vietjet Air has said that it will increase services on the Da Nang-Ho Chi Minh City route to four daily round trips from two, and on the Da Nang-Hanoi route to three daily flights from one.
The number of daily round-trip flights on the two routes has been planned to reach seven to ten by next month.
Vietjet Air will also resume one daily round-trip flight between Da Nang and Hai Phong City and operate five round trips a week between Da Nang and Da Lat.
Vietnam has documented 1063 COVID-19 cases, with 926 having recovered and 35 virus-related fatalities as of Tuesday morning, according to Ministry of Health statistics.
It has been 13 days since the country last recorded a locally-transmitted infection.
- Airlines increase flights leaving from Da Nang
- Vietnam Airlines opens five additional domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines launch new domestic air routes
- Domestic flights of Vietnam Airlines to resume from September 9
- Vietnam Airlines to re-start six domestic routes
- Danang flight routes resume from September 7
- Vietnam Airlines launches seven additional domestic air routes
- Vietjet completely restores the airlines to Dà Nang
- 7 flights on Da Nang-Hanoi/HCMC routes to depart on August 12 to 14