Unitel introduces its products in Laos (Photo: Viettel Group)
Hanoi (VNA) – Star Telecom (Unitel), a joint venture between Vietnam’s Viettel Global JSC and Laos Asia Telecom, was honoured with two prizes including “Innovation in Public Administration Services” and “Innovation in Consumer Products and Services” at the 2020 Asia Pacific Stevie Awards .
The awards recognise Unitel for expanding new services and updating technologies to support the Laos Government during its digital transformation.
The Lao Ministry of Science and Technology chose Unitel to act as a consultant to build e-government and smart healthcare projects. The agreements were under its national digital transformation strategy.
In addition, Unitel has handed over a civil status management programme to the Lao Ministry of Home Affairs. Thanks to this programme, all citizenship data has been uploaded to the system, improving the capacity to manage data and information about people, and helping reduce administrative procedures. This is the first time that Laos has implemented the management of electronic civil status instead of the registration of civil status as before.
Unitel was the first unit licensed by the Central Bank of Laos to officially deploy Mobile Money and is also the only company developing this service in the country, offering a new secure and quick payment method for more than six million people. This field is expected to generate 30-50 percent of Unitel’s telecoms revenue in the future.
General Director of Unitel Luu Manh Ha said: “With the advantages of digital transformation in Vietnam and Peru, Unitel has quality resources to bring a better life to the people in Laos.”
In the first half of the year, with financial revenue reaching 101 percent of the plan, Unitel continued to be the No 1 telecom company in Laos, accounting for 57 percent of the market share./.
- Vietnamese investors in Laos discuss measures to cope with COVID-19
- Viettel wins world’s premier business award
- VNPT succeeds 15 awards at Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards 2020
- VNPT enjoys big win at Asia-Pacific Stevie Awards 2020
- Viettel named most influential company in Asia
- Viettel continues to win 2020 Silver Stevie Awards for Great Employer
- Viettel wins ACES Awards to become leading Asian company
- National digital transformation program
- Viettel recognized as the most influential Vietnamese company in Asia