The Vietnamese Prime Minister has agreed to re-open international commercial flights to six destinations overseas after the novel coronavirus pandemic was brought under control in these venues.
Vietnam is about to reopen skies to international flights as from September 15
Accordingly, Vietnam resumes four routes to Guangzhou (China), Taiwan (China), Seoul (the Republic of Korea), and Tokyo (Japan) as from September 15, and to Laos and Cambodia as from September 22.
Announcing the PM’s decision, Minister and Chairman of the Government Office, Mai Tien Dung, said the resumption of these international flights has been negotiated by Vietnam and its partners on the basis of reciprocity, and all countries have expressed desires to re-open the routes.
Dung said the government has come to the decision after weighing the pros and cons of the situation, in which the COVID-19 pandemic was kept under control in the aforementioned markets. The plan aims to reinvigorate economic development, trade exchanges and human movements between Vietnam and other countries.
Priority passengers will be foreign experts, investors, highly skilled workers coming to Vietnam and Vietnamese people wishing to return home.
“Currently, the Government has yet to consider opening the door to welcome foreign tourists to Vietnam, but priority is only given to experts, investors and Vietnamese who want to return home”, Minister Mai Tien Dung stated.
The Government plans to shorten the quarantine period for passengers coming to Vietnam to 5-7 days instead of 14 days as previously. However, passengers flying from a third country must be placed in quarantine for 14 days as required.
Vietnam has suspended receiving international flights in late March after the COVID-19 pandemic spread quickly globally. It has only welcomed foreign specialists, business executives and highly skilled workers to undertake unfinished projects. it is still unknown when Vietnam will re-open doors for foreign travelers.
- Resumption of international flights scheduled for early August
- Certain international air routes may reopen on September 15
- Prime minister Phuc allows resumption of Vietnam – China flights
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan
- Commercial flights between Vietnam and Asian destinations may resume very soon
- Vietnam will resume international flights from mid-September
- Vietnam’s transport ministry proposes reopening Asia air routes from August
- PM orders quick resumption of commercial flights to South Korea, Japan
- Vietnam plans to reopen air routes to 6 int’l destinations in mid-September