Under the scheme, catering, entertainment and shopping services in Hoan Kiem district, the busiest area in Hanoi, will be allowed to operate overnight every day while outdoor activities, historical relics and heritage sites will stay open until midnight.
Pedestrian streets around Hoan Kiem lake
Night-time economic activities in the district mainly cover the fields of cultural, entertainment services, gastronomy, shopping, healthcare, tourism and transportation, financial and banking activities.
District authorities have mapped out plans to develop, improve infrastructure and cultural programs, implement big street festivals and organize service, trade and tourism activities around the Hoan Kiem Lake and the surrounding area to boost the night-time economy development.
Currently, the 16-street walking zone around the Hoan Kiem Lake are only closed to vehicles from 7 p.m. Friday until midnight Sunday.
- Night-time services in Hanoi’s district to open every day
- Hoan Kiem district expected to expand overnight business
- Hanoi halts pedetrian space around Hoan Kiem lake
- Hanoi looks to improve nightlife experience
- Hanoi looks to boost potential of night economy
- Hanoi capital closes pedestrian streets midnight August 21
- Hanoi’s tourism promotion activities to be held
- Hoan Kiem Lake paths to get facelift
- Experts: Night-time economy expected to boost Hanoi tourism