Illustrative image (Photo: VNA)
Hanoi (VNA) – The Vietnam Dairy Products JSC (Vinamilk) is working on plans to expand its milch cow farms at home and abroad, said its Executive Director for Raw Materials Development Trinh Quoc Dung.
Several farms will be put into operation in the near future, including a 90ha milch cow farm in the central province of Quang Ngai with 4000 heads of cow.
Built at a total cost of 700 billion VND (30400 USD), the farm is expected to supply about 20 million litres of fresh milk to the market each year.
As planned, Vinamilk will continue completing the first stage of an organic milch cow farm on Xiengkhuoang highlands of Laos with a herd of 24000 cows. In the second stage, the herd will increase to 100000.
In particular, it is going to launch a germ transplantation centre using Japanese and US technologies to choose the best genes and develop cow herds in the country./.
- Vinamilk poured an additional $ 41 million into the dairy project in Laos
- Vinamilk to invest another $41 mln in Laos subsidiary
- Vinamilk to invest another US$41 mln in Laos subsidiary
- Vinamilk has built a long-term strategy for Moc Chau Milk
- Vinamilk wins FMCG brand owner for 8th consecutive year
- Moc Chau Milk wants to allow 100 percent foreign ownership
- Vinamilk remains as most favoured brand for eight consecutive years
- Đà Nẵng to develop digital hub and regional bio-tech centre
- Vinamilk to set up coffee chain