National carrier Vietnam Airlines (VNA) will start operating regular flights to Japan next week, with a one-way ticket costing more than VND10 million (US$430).
A VNA official confirmed on Friday that the airline will begin reopening regular international flights from September 18 following a long period of suspension due to the novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic.
The plan will start with one-way flights from Vietnam to Japan.
Passengers of these flights will be people who need to travel from Vietnam to Japan for study and work.
VNA will closely work with authorities to prevent the spread of COVID-19 aboard the flights.
The carrier is expected to operate three flights from Hanoi to Narita International Airport in Tokyo at 11:45 pm on September 1825 and 30.
Another flight from Ho Chi Minh City to Narita airport will take off at 0:00 on September 30.
Passengers will be transported by Boeing 787 aircraft.
Flights from Japan to Vietnam will be operated after relevant agencies make an official decision.
All air crew members will have their health monitored and be quarantined after returning to Vietnam, while planes will be disinfected after each journey.
Passengers can book tickets for the Vietnam-Japan flights from September 11 each costing over VND10 million.
Vietnam Airlines is planning to restore flights to South Korea, China, Taiwan, Laos, and Cambodia in the near future.
Vietnam began barring entry to foreign nationals on March 22 and suspended international flights from March 25 in a bid to curb the spread of COVID-19.
Since then, charter flights to the country have only been arranged to bring in foreign experts, skilled workers, and diplomats, and to repatriate Vietnamese citizens stranded in other nations and territories due to the pandemic.
The Ministry of Transport has detailed a plan to reopen to Japan, South Korea, China, Taiwan, Laos, and Cambodia from September 18.
- Vietnam Airlines will resume flights to Japan from September 18
- Vietnam to reopen international flights to Japan from September 18
- Vietnam Airlines resumes international flights from September 18
- Vietnam Airlines resumes int’l flights from September 18
- It’s official: Vietnam Airlines resumes international flights
- Vietnam Airlines will operate one-way flights to Japan
- Vietnam transport ministry to issue licenses for airlines operating international flights
- Vietnamese carriers prepare to resume int‚Äôl flights
- Vietnam to soon resume flights to China, Cambodia, Laos and Taiwan