Consumers are choosing pork at a supermarket in HCMC (Photo: SGGP)
For instance, price of ham fell from VND160000 to VND149000 per kilogram while pork shoulders fetched VND150000 per kilogram, loin & neck left together is priced at VND82000 per kilogram, cutlet at VND145000 a kilogram , front feet at VND134000 lean at VND180000 and tail bone at VND108000 per kilogram.
Supermarkets joining in the city’s program including Co.opmart, Big C, Satramart, Vissan, and Sagri citywide are selling pork at cheaper price.
Price of pigs in the southern region hiked by VND1000- VND2000 per kilogram yesterday. For instance, price of pig in the southern provinces of Dong Nai and Ben Tre was at VND80000 a kilogram while it was VND81000 per kilogram in Long An and Tien Giang provinces in the Mekong Delta.
Pig prices are stable in Ho Chi Minh City and the Southern Province of Binh Duong at VND78000 per kilgram.
By Hai Ha – Translated by Anh Quan
- Prices of pork remain at high levels
- Poultry prices go down because of oversupply
- Sugarcane collected at VND770-VND800 per kilogram this crop
- Vietnam greenlights live pig imports
- Tra fish farmers in Mekong Delta suffer losses
- Import of live pigs helps lower pig price in Vietnam
- Fruit prices go down because of decline of export
- Fuel prices slightly increase, price of RON95 gasoline unchanged
- Pork producers see profits skyrocket as prices rise on shortage