The company said the loss was caused by the oil prices plummeting from January to $18.5 per barrel and the impacts from Covid-19 pandemic, VnExpress cited information from the company’s financial statement.
The latest loss compares to a post-tax profit of VND705 billion in the first half of last year when oil prices hit an all-year high in April at $71.3 per barrel, the company said.
The firm has made efforts to contain the plunge. It has succeeded in reducing sales costs by 14 per cent and managing costs
The firm has made efforts to contain the plunge. It has succeeded in reducing sales costs by 14 per cent and in managing costs by 33 per cent year-on-year.
As oil prices began to recover in May, the firm was able to record a VND1.4 trillion post-tax profit in June alone.
The auditor of the company expressed concern over the debt of Central Biofuels Jsc (BSR-BF), a company in which BSR holds a 6554 percent stake.
This unit had a VND108 trillion accumulated debt by the end of June, and is short of debt repayment funds. It has shut down its factory, and the auditor worries about the subsidiary’s ability to continue operations.
- Refinery operator Binh Son posts $184 mln loss
- Vietnam’s largest refinery seeks tax exemptions after $101mln loss on pandemic
- Bình Sơn Refining and Petrochemical faces revenue slump
- Fuel producer posts $181 mln loss
- FECON reports second-quarter revenue up but profit down
- Digiworld reports highest ever quarterly sales
- Airports operator ACV posts first quarterly loss in four years
- Petroleum distributors back in the black
- MobiFone profits plunge due to pandemic impacts